Our award-winning We Care Solar Suitcase® is a robust, easy-to-use solar electric system that provides last-mile health facilities with highly efficient medical lighting and power for mobile communication and small medical devices. The We Care Solar Suitcase was designed to support timely and efficient emergency obstetric care, but can be used in a range of medical and humanitarian settings. The water-and-dust tight yellow case becomes a cabinet that mounts to the wall and the solar panels are secured to the roof. The system includes a 12V, 20Ah lithium ferrous phosphate battery, four high-efficiency LED lights for medical task lighting, two 12V DC accessory (lighter) sockets, two USB ports, and two expansion ports to allow for optional accessories or additional lights. A custom display and user interface make operation simple and intuitive. The Solar Suitcase also includes a fetal Doppler with rechargeable batteries, a battery charger for AAA or AA batteries, and two rechargeable headlamps.
Key Design Features
- Whole System Integration – The lighting, appliances, and power production components are delivered as one unit, designed for daily use.
- Safety – The LFP batteries can safely be stored inside health facilities; the low-voltage DC system avoids shock hazard and includes over-current protection.
- Low Maintenance – There are no fuses to replace and no regular battery maintenance is required. Battery replacement is estimated to occur every five years.
- Durability – Our high quality components are designed for longevity, even in harsh environments.
Version 3 Design Improvements
Our new and improved version 3 comes with a variety of specifications that allow for improved user experience and greater longevity. Some key improvements over previous versions include:
- Improved user interface means medical professionals can concentrate on medicine, not monitoring a power device.
- Lithium Battery support allows built-in accurate battery fuel gauging.
- Lights with variable output allow bright light when needed, power conservation when bright light is not needed.
- Larger internal battery allows for a minimum of 240 watt-hours of energy storage, enough to run four lights on high for 12 hours, or on low for 60 hours.