Sponsor a Clinic: Help Us Light Every Birth
We Care Solar was founded in 2010 to make childbirth safer by ensuring health workers had reliable light and power. To date, we have supported more than 7,000 communities with our Solar Suitcases. Your $3,500* per clinic sponsorship will ensure that a community health center receives a Solar Suitcase for maternal and newborn care. Your support will be combined with the support of our other donors, helping We Care Solar to reach every qualifying public health facility in our Light Every Birth countries with life-saving electricity.
When you sponsor one or more last mile health facilities at $3,500 per clinic …
Your Sponsored Clinic Receives:
- Five years of clean, renewable energy for maternal care.
- Bright, medical-grade LED lighting for obstetric and newborn care.
- Medical grade appliances, including a fetal Doppler and infrared thermometer.
- Washable, reusable face masks for infection control.
- Rechargeable headlamps for small task lighting.
- Charging ports for phone communications and other devices.
- The power to save lives.
- A welcome letter from our Executive Director.
- Our monthly e-newsletter with updates highlighting the impact of your support of the Light Every Birth initiative.
- A personalized impact report with beneficiary numbers and photos from your clinic.
- The option to have your name or your family foundation in our online Annual Report.
- The knowledge that you are truly making a difference
in the lives of hundreds of families each year.
Through Light Every Birth We Have:
- Equipped over 7,100 health centers with Solar Suitcases.
- Trained over 30,000 health workers.
- Served 9.6 million mothers and babies.
- Provided 215 million hours of medical light.
- Averted an estimated 76,000 tons of CO2.
The Impact of Your Sponsorship
By personally supporting the cost of providing clean, renewable energy for maternal care in a last mile health facility you are joining a coalition of like-minded philanthropists, who are helping us to Light Every Birth. Thanks to you, mothers will no longer need to include candles or kerosene as part of their birthing kits, and midwives and doctors will be able to provide prompt emergency obstetric care throughout the night.
*Donations to We Care Solar are tax deductible to the full extent of the law. Your sponsorship will be combined with other donations in support of our Light Every Birth initiative. A portion of donations may be used to raise awareness about the issues of electricity deficiency and maternal/newborn mortality through our advocacy efforts.