Work with Us!
Our organization is growing. We are looking for energetic team members who are committed to our mission, work well in a start-up environment, enjoy taking initiative and have a track record of success.
We Care Solar Maternity Coverage for Global Programs Manager – Temporary, P/T
We Care Solar brings light and essential energy to healthcare by providing solar energy solutions for health clinics without reliable electricity. We address an important gap in health care delivery – that of reliable electricity for health facilities. Our signature product is our award-winning Solar Suitcase – a low-cost, rugged, complete solar system that provides essential lighting and electricity for charging phones and small medical devices. Solar Suitcases help reduce obstacles that impair timely and appropriate obstetric and emergency care.
We Care Solar is looking to hire a part-time, temporary Global Programs Manager to cover maternity leave from September 2018 to January 2019. The person will be responsible for communicating with global partners, helping manage global programs, assisting with logistics, writing reports, and conducting research on new programs, countries, and partners. The position will report to the Director of Global Programs.
Hours and Location
Approximately 20 hours a week with one to two days in the office in Berkeley, CA. Applicants must reside in the Bay Area.
End of September 2018 through end of January 2019. There will be overlap in both September and January with the person going on maternity leave.
- Active participation in development and execution of global programs
- Help manage collaboration with a wide range of existing partners, UN agencies, and donors
- Assist in implementation of programs including manufacturing, shipment, clearance, training, installation, maintenance, monitoring and evaluation (M&E), and reporting
- Assist in writing reports to donors
- Work with a consultant in Liberia to assess private facilities including data collection, entry and analysis, and facilitate progress of the evaluation
- Work with a video firm in Uganda to update our training videos
- Work with We Care Solar team to develop materials for launch of an updated version of the Solar Suitcase
- Assist with data entry and analysis for both quantitative and qualitative M&E
- Conduct desk and if required in-person research for scale up to priority countries including Ethiopia, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, Tanzania and Zimbabwe
- Help identify new possibilities and partners for 2019
- At least 3 years of full-time professional experience in international development and/or public health with a focus on maternal and child health
- Undergraduate degree in the sciences or other experience that proves technical aptitude
- Demonstrated success in developing and operationalizing new and innovative programs
- Skilled at the timely execution and financial management of programs
- Experience living and working in developing countries
- Flexibility and willingness to do a wide range of tasks
- Strong sense of teamwork and an ability to work collaboratively with other staff members
- Strong written and oral communications skills, a persuasive and passionate communicator
- Professional experience with design and execution of both quantitative and qualitative M&E systems
- Highly organized, ability to prioritize tasks and handle multiple tasks simultaneously; self-directed and passion for the mission of We Care Solar
- Willingness to communicate with international partners during early morning and/or late night hours
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Be based in the Bay Area with the ability to come to Berkeley office each week
- Familiarity with Salesforce a plus
How to Apply
Please send CV, cover letter and at least two references to Christina Briegleb, Director of Global Programs at email@example.com by August 31st, 2018. Please note that applications will not be considered without a cover letter that explains your interest in the position, qualifications, and abilities to perform the key responsibilities.